EIS, Inc. has been assisting private customers, Law Firms, Insurance Companies and Corporations for over 20 years in the Massachusetts and New England area. We are locally based with a highly trained group of investigative mobile team that can be deployed as needed.
We specialize in discreet collection of intelligence for your most sensitive concerns. Private Investigations are strictly confidential.
All of EIS’s Private Investigators are licensed in the state of Massachusetts. All license numbers are available upon request.
Private Investigator License Requirements:
- An application for a license to engage in the private detective business or a license to engage in the business of watch, guard or patrol agency shall be filed with the colonel of the state police on forms furnished by him, and statements of fact therein shall be under oath of the applicant.
- Application shall include a certification by each of three reputable citizens of the commonwealth residing in the community in which the applicant resides or has a place of business, or in which the applicant proposes to conduct his business, that he has personally known the applicant for at least three years, that he has read the application and believes each of the statements made therein to be true, that he is not related to the applicant by blood or marriage, and that the applicant is honest and of good moral character.
- The applicant, or, if the applicant is a corporation, its resident manager, superintendent or official representative, shall be of good moral character.
- The applicant shall have been regularly employed for not less than three years as a detective doing investigating work, a former member of an investigative service of the United States, a former police officer, of a rank or grade higher than that of patrolman, of the commonwealth, any political subdivision thereof or an official police department of another state, or a police officer in good standing formerly employed for not less than ten years with the commonwealth, or any political subdivision thereof or with an official police department of another state.
- No such license shall be granted to any person who has been convicted in any state of the United States of a felony. No person convicted of a violation of section ninety-nine or ninety-nine A of chapter two hundred and seventy-two of the general laws shall be granted a license and any license previously granted to such person shall be revoked.
- A private investigator in Massachusetts must apply to the Massachusetts Department of State Police and Licensing and pass licensing requirements, including a thorough background check. While many Massachusetts private investigators come from a law enforcement or military background, it is not a requirement for employment as a private investigator. Often times a degree in Criminal Justice or other security and investigation work can be just as important to prospective employers.
- In the State of Massachusetts, it is against the law to provide the services of a private investigator without a Massachusetts Private Investigator License. You can rest assured that any Massachusetts private investigator assigned to your case with EIS, Inc. is authorized and fully licensed and insured in accordance with Massachusetts State Laws and participates in the required continuing education.